Age UK has decided to significantly develop and expand its presence in Swindon and has provided funding for this through Age UK Wiltshire.
Age UK Swindon is offering several services to older people in the town. Some of these were already established and others are brand new ventures. They include:
• Information and advice through a telephone service from Monday to Thursday between 10am and 3pm;
• Home visits to assist with filling in attendance allowance forms;
• Personal befriending and telephone befriending;
• Presentations and talks to local groups about Age UK services including topics such as safety in the home;
• Community lunch clubs including afternoon activity sessions, the first of which is now running in Rodbourne every Wednesday.
For information on any of these services call 01793 687018.