Age UK Wiltshire and energy company E.ON have announced payouts totalling over £450,000 for local eligible customers on E.ON’s Age UK Energy tariffs.
Funded by E.ON, the payments – which are in addition to the government’s Cold Weather Payment – have been designed to offer some financial relief to those in later life.
Phillip Densley, Trading Manager at Age UK Wiltshire said: “This past winter was prolonged and harsh. Naturally it would have raised the concerns of those in later life about the cost of keeping warm in winter. That’s why, with the support of E.ON, qualifying Age UK Energy customers are given further help through Cold Weather or Winter Payments on top of the government’s payment to offer them a little extra support. This year, our Age UK Energy customers will receive an extra payout of over £450,000.”
The pay-out is made up of:
· Electricity and gas customers on the Age UK Fixed 1 Year tariff which launched in September 2012 and includes a guaranteed Winter Reward of £10 for customers aged 60+ or £20 for customers aged 80+;
· Gas customers aged 60+ on previous versions of the Age UK Energy tariff in the form of a Cold Weather Payment.
As well as the Winter Payment, the Age UK Fixed 1 Year tariff provides a number of other benefits including:
· A Loyalty Reward of £10 a year for customers who’ve been with E.ON for one year, £15 for two years, and £20 for three years or more. These rewards are credited to customers’ accounts over a period of 12 months;
· A Dual Fuel Reward of £10 for customers who take both electricity and gas;
· An Online Account Reward of £10 for customers who choose to manage their accounts online;
· No exit fees if a customer decides to switch to another deal before the end of the fixed term;
· A free phone dedicated UK based call centre and access to face to face advisors via Age UK’s trading outlets;
· A welcome pack with a free hypothermia thermometer and details of discounted energy saving products.
Click here to find out more about Age UK Energy, including the Winter Reward, or telephone 01380 735502 for the Wiltshire office or 01793 687017 for the Swindon office. Alternatively pop into one of our offices either at Age UK Wiltshire, Cromwell House, 31 Market Place, Devizes SN10 1JG or 27 Havelock Street, Swindon SN1 1SD.