Consultation Sessions: Monday 11 July 2011 – 7pm to 9pm and Tuedsday 12 July 2011 – 10.30am to 12.30pm
Local authorities must also publish a Short Break Statement that tells carers what short breaks and positive activities are available, and how to access them.
The Aiming High Short Breaks Team have talked to lots of parents and carers over the last few years, and we know that it can still be difficult to understand what short breaks are and how to access them. So, as we put our Statement together, we want to consult with as many parents and carers as possible. We want to make sure that we are providing the right information and that families can access short breaks and positive activities that meet their needs.
- These events are designed for parents and carers of disabled children and young people in Swindon.
- This consultation will inform how Swindon Borough Council provides short break services in the future. We want as many parents and carers as possible to have their say.
- Please help us by passing on this information to families that you are in contact with.
We have already contacted:
- Families who have registered to receive information from the Swindon Area Database & Information Exchange (SADIE) / Aiming High
- Parents and carers of children who have a Statement of Special Educational Needs
- Local parent groups
- We will also be making contact through other local services / schools where possible
We can provide printed invites if you are able to pass them on.
Consulting with professionals:
Although the attached events are for parents and carers, we are also working to consult with services and professionals. If we have not already been in touch with you and you would like to input into this consultation, please contact me. Due to the tight timescales for producing the Statement, we do need to consult around the period of July 2011.
If you have any questions or would like more information, please contact the Aiming High Short Breaks Team on 01793 464080 or email: email@example.com
Booking Form for consultaions and more information – click here