Sports clubs are being invited to have their say on the Swindon Sports Strategy.
The strategy is Swindon Borough Council’s blueprint for promoting and increasing participation in sport in Swindon and clubs in the borough are being asked to take part in a workshop organised by the Swindon Sports Forum which will look at the strategy in more detail and at the role clubs can play in achieving its aims.
The council is particularly interested in what opportunities clubs would welcome from five set outcomes.
The five outcomes are:
* Swindon residents will recognise and value the sporting community and understand what is available and how they can get involved.
* Every child and young person in Swindon will have the opportunity to participate in sport, with progression pathways from grass roots to excellence.
* Swindon will be known as a centre of sporting excellence and highly regarded in terms of sporting infrastructure, facilities, workforce, clubs and athletes.
* The sporting offer to the residents of Swindon and the delivery of sport will be well co-ordinated and will make the most of cohesive partnerships
* There will be a diversity of sporting opportunities for Swindon residents to enjoy, with opportunities to participate in a range of activities and events.
The club consultation event takes place on Wednesday 20 April at Broome Manor Golf Complex between 6.30pm and 8.30pm.
Any clubs wishing to attend should contact Doug Imrie on 01793 465405 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org