Pet owners have been entering their favourite photos of their animals looking ‘at home’ as part of Taylor Wimpey’s nationwide competition.
Launched on 31 March to mark National Pet Month, the leading housebuilder’s Pets Make A Home competition invites people to submit pictures of their animals snuggled up around the house.
The entries received so far from pet owners in Bristol include Phillip Griffin and his rabbit Thor and Sophie Kethro’s puppy Tilly.
To coincide with the Pets Make A Home Competition, Taylor Wimpey has teamed up with nationwide pet supply store Pets At Home to offer some helpful tips and advice on moving house with a pet:
· Pack away your pet’s belongings last and take these with you to the new house, rather than buying new food bowls and toys, so they have familiar items around them.
· During the move, keep your animal in one room away from the hustle and bustle of moving day.
· Use a suitable carrier while transporting your pet and give them a chance to familiarise themselves with it a few days before the move.
· Create a comfortable spot for your pet in the new house straight away, with some of their toys close by.
· Accompany your pet as they explore the new house for the first time to put them at ease.
· Keep your cat indoors for two weeks before letting them venture out in the new neighbourhood and keep dogs on a lead when you take them out for their first walks.
· Make sure your pet’s ID tag is changed before letting them outside and get their microchip updated.
Pet owners can also visit the website to watch two special videos about moving house with a pet. The Moving Tails videos offer a humorous pet’s eye view of the moving process and give some handy tips.
The Pets Make A Home competition, which runs until 5 May, has a whole host of fantastic prizes up for grabs for the daily winners, from personalised cat or dog bowls to a pet sketch, while the overall winner of the Pets Make A Home competition will receive a £1,000 cash prize.
Pet-owners can enter photos of their pet by visiting www.taylorwimpey.co.uk/pets or www.facebook.com/taylorwimpey, clicking on the Pets Make A Home sections and entering their details via the specially created app.
Twitter and Instagram users can also enter by tweeting or posting their image via their own account with the hashtag #TWPetsMakeAHome.
Entrants will receive a response message thanking them for their entry as confirmation. Alternatively, pet-owners can submit their image by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
People can then visit the Taylor Wimpey website and Facebook page to view the entries and vote for their favourite pet!
Information on Taylor Wimpey developments across the UK is available by visiting www.taylorwimpey.co.uk.