A new police operation targeting drug dealing in West Swindon has seen a number of positive results after a number of plain clothed patrols and warrants were executed in the area.
As a result of the operation so far:
– There have been 18 stop and searches.
– A 17-year-old man was arrested for possession of a bladed article in a public place. He has been released on bail pending further enquiries.
– 6 warrants have been executed.
– A 30-year-old man from Grange Park was arrested for possession of cannabis. As part of this arrest, approximately £2,000 in cash was seized.
– A 17-year-old male from Toothill was arrested for possession with intent to supply a class A drug. He has been bailed for further enquiries.
– A 26-year-old man from Toothill was reported for possession of cannabis.
– A 20-year-old man from Toothill was arrested on suspicion of breaking into a shed in Westlea after a suspected stolen bike was located in his address. He has been bailed for further enquiries.
– A 45-year-old male from Grange Park was arrested and bailed on suspicion of possession of cannabis with intent to supply after cannabis resin with an estimated street value of up to £34,000 and approximately £5,500 in cash were seized from his home address.
Community Beat Manager for West Swindon PC Tom Turner, right, said: "These results highlight the dedication of local officers to rid our local communities of drugs.
"These are substantial amounts of seized drugs and cash and the fact that these drugs will not be hitting the streets is a real positive. The cash seized will be dealt with under the Proceeds of Crime Act and the arrested man will have to account for where this has come from if he wants it back.
"Local intelligence plays a large part of this operation, so I would urge anyone with information on drug dealing in the West Swindon area to contact Wiltshire Police immediately. All information will be treated in the strictest confidence."
Anyone with information is asked to contact Wiltshire Police on 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 where information can be left anonymously.