Swindon Borough Council is carrying out a consultation (until 15 June) on a draft planning document for the Eastern Development Area (12,000 new houses).
There is a paper copy available at www.swindon.gov.uk/spd and there will be public exhibitions as follows:
23 April 12.00-20.00 – Coleview Community Centre
27 April 12.00-20.00 – South Marston Village Hall
29 April 12.00-20.00 – Bourton Village Hall
1 May 12.00-20.00 – Hooper's Field Pavilion, Wanborough
Eastern Development Area (EDA) Supplementary Planning Document
The aim of this consultation is to seek the views of anybody with interest in the long-term planning and growth of Swindon and in particular of the EDA. Your views, both in support and objection, are sought on the content of this Supplementary Planning Document (SPD). Either specific or general comments are welcomed, however if responding directly to one of the questions identified below, please could you reference this in your response:
1. Do you agree with the vision and development principles? What would you change or add? Why?
2. Do you agree that we should be trying to integrate the EDA with Swindon or do you think we should separate it out as a stand alone community?
3. Do you agree or disagree with our approach to South Marston? Why?
4. Do you agree with our proposed approach to transport? Why?
5. Do you think it is important that the EDA provides benefits for nearby communities in east Swindon and the villages? Why? How can we do that?
6. Do you agree that the vision for the EDA should be structured around the Green Infrastructure? What else can we do to enhance it?
7. Do you agree that there should be a mix of housing in the EDA with higher density close to the district centre and lower density towards the edge?
8. Do you agree with the social facilities we have identified? Is there any infrastructure that you think that we have missed? What is it?
9. Which option do you think we should pursue to deliver secondary school places? Why? Should we deliver improvements to schools in east Swindon?
10. Do you agree that neighbourhood centres should be located next to schools to provide a local community hub?
11. Are we doing enough to address climate change, the environment and ecology in the EDA? Is there anything else you think we should be doing?
12. Do you agree with proposed phasing, beginning development around White Hart and growing outwards? Have we missed anything on delivery?
13. Do you think the proposals are affordable and deliverable? In particular, off-site infrastructure requirements.
The document and associated documents can be downloaded as PDF files: http://www.swindon.gov.uk/spd