The Change 4 Life logo uses six words which say so much:
Eat well, Move more, Live longer.
It’s a stark reality, people who don’t do the first two are likely to die younger. And after the annual seasonal blow out, it’s easy to go into hibernation until the Spring, despite the best of new year’s resolutions.
That’s why during Healthy Weight Awareness Week, from 13 to 18 January, Swindon Borough Council’s Health Improvement team will be out and about helping people discover easy ways to manage their weight.
They’ll be offering top tips on getting healthy, including simple ways to make changes to your diet and fun ways for all the family to get more active.
There will be the chance to:
• pick up simple recipes for healthier meals or talk to a dietician for advice;
• find out about child and family healthy lifestyle courses or adult weight management programmes;
• find easy, low cost ways to start exercising – there is something for everyone;
• try a tasty, healthy snack or pedal a fruit smoothie;
• step out with a guided Health Walk (see the advert below) and pick up a free pedometer to count your steps – subject to availability;
• take a free health check (if you’re eligible);
• enter a prize draw to win a healthy food hamper.
Meet the Health Improvement team on:
• Monday 13 January, 10am to 1pm: Penhill Library community café, Penhill Drive;
• Thursday 16 January, 11.30am to 2pm: Pinetrees Community Centre, The Circle, Pinehurst;
• Saturday 18 January, 11am to 3pm: Asda Walmart, North Swindon District Centre.
For details on these events, call the team on 0781 851 0563 or see www.leisureinswindon.co.uk