West Swindon biker Jack Groves has found it tough this season as a crucial sponsor let him down at the beginning of the year, but after a great weekend at Donington Park in early June he believes his chances for the season have improved.
Even though he had not ridden competitively in 7 months he managed thirteenth position and was contacted by Team Haribo Starmix as they needed a stand-in rider at Thruxton in the British Superstock 600.
"I was over the moon to be offered a fill-in ride," said Jack. "Times are tough so to be invited by a recognised team gave me a great opportunity to show what I can do.
"I did have a few problems in qualifying, with slower riders getting in the way when riding my faster laps, but overall I finished in thirteenth place. Team Haribo Starmix were really happy and this week they offered me the chance to be the second rider for the rest of the year.
"I was very happy to say yes to finishing off the season with them as it allows me to compete at a high level. It's a great opportunity for me to run in a highly prepared team."
Jack needs a small amount of sponsorship to help him through the season. Backers would receive:
• association with the well known names in bike racing like Haribo Starmix and Swindon’s ‘PDS’ (www.PDSisthe.biz)
• your company link and logo on his personal website www.jackgrovesracing.co.uk
• your company logo and information on his transporter which will be seen all over the UK
• tickets to any race meet you would like to attend – a great way to entertain your customers, family or friends for the three days of racing.
• a logo on his helmet which will be seen on live Eurosport
• a signed photo from Jack
• all the latest press reports sent to you after each race weekend
There are over 35,000 people at race weekend so it's a great place for business exposure.