A Swindon school is 100 years old, but is now used for very different educational purposes.
The Ferndale School building was officially opened in September 1907. Old photographs show it standing out on its own in green fields which were soon covered in housing as more people moved to the town's to work in the Great Western Railway factory.
The school was built to cater for the growing number of children in the expanding north of the town. Now its use has changed. Present owners Oxford Brookes University celebrated its centenary year on 20 September with an open day of displays and exhibitions looking back through time.
It was also a chance for the university to show off what it offers in the School of Health and Social Care such as programmes for Adult Nursing, Operating Department Practitioners, Continuing Professional Development courses and an Osteopathy Clinic open to members of the public.
Present Ferndale school children dressed up in Edwardian clothing and pre-school, infants and junior children are all able to enter a drawing competition on the theme 'a visit to the hospital.'
The Mayor and Mayoress Michael and Sue Barnes tour the displays and met university staff and students, as well as many older people who attended Ferndale school as children.