The West Swindon Forum in Link Centre is moving to the library at Link Centre to cater for the growing number of people attending the bi-monthly meetings.
The next meeting on Monday 11 January is preceded by an information display at 6pm related to agenda items which will be discussed from 7.30pm:
• an update from neighbourhood police teams;
• plans for housing and a women’s refuge on the former Westlea police station site;
• provision of allotments;
• the introduction of Wheely Fun Project play activities in the area;
• organising a council services roadshow in West Swindon;
• drawing up a West Swindon Plan.
The forum, which involves the eight councillors representing West Swindon wards and residents, is open to all and time is set aside at the beginning of the meeting for people to raise issues of community concern.
Heaving out the heated humps
Work started in early December to remove the humps and bumps on Freshbrook Way in Toothill, after many discussions at the West Swindon Forum over the last six years.
In their place will be new signage and pinch points at each end of the road, and raised tables at the Westminster and Corfe Road junctions.
Work should be completed by March.