Nominations are open until 21 July for the 2012 Wiltshire and Swindon Sports Awards which will be hosted by former England rugby captain, Phil de Glanville on 20 September 2012 at the Steam Museum in Swindon.
Anyone can put forward an individual or organisation in one of the 13 categories and nominations. The top three nominations from each category will be invited to the awards which will also be attended by 2006 Olympic silver medallist and 2012 Skeleton Bob World Cup Champion, Shelley Rudman.
Following the success of last year’s awards, the 2012 Wiltshire and Swindon Sports Awards will once again be jointly hosted by Wiltshire Council, Wiltshire Health Improvement Partnership, NHS Wiltshire, Wiltshire and Swindon Activity and Sports Partnership, Swindon Borough Council and Swindon NHS and is sponsored by Liquid Media and Sports Coach UK.
The awards will recognise and honour the work and achievements of athletes, sports clubs, volunteers and coaches across the whole of Wiltshire and Swindon.
This year’s awards categories are:
• Sports Personality of the Year
• Young Sports Personality of the Year
• Sports Personality of the Year (Athlete with a Disability)
• Official of the Year
• Roger Byrne Unsung Hero of the Year
• Young Volunteer of the Year
• Coach of the Year (Participation)
• Coach of the Year (High Performance)
• Inclusion Coach of the Year
• Young Coach of the Year
• Sports Club/Team of the Year
• Most Innovative Club of the Year
• Most Inclusive Club of the Year
For details on how to nominate, go to:
Alternatively, if you would like a hard copy of the nomination form please email email@example.com
Deadline for nominations is 21 July 2012 at 5pm. Any nominations received after this time and date will not be eligible.