The search is on for environmentally-conscious businesses in Wiltshire and Swindon to take part in the Wiltshire Wildlife Trust’s Corporate Green Awards 2009.
“The Trust is seeking out the green heroes that are putting the environment at the heart of their company’s success,” says Iain Boyd, the Trust’s Corporate Relations Manager.
Businesses of all shapes and sizes are invited to enter the 2009 awards by nominating themselves via a simple application entry form that can be found on www.wiltshirewildlife.org. The deadline for nominations is 5pm Friday August 14.
The winners of this, the second annual Corporate Green Awards, will be announced on Friday 16 October 2009 at a gala dinner hosted by BBC’s It’s Not Easy Being Green presenter Dick Strawbridge at the luxury Four Pillars Cotswold Water Park Hotel. The awards are sponsored by the Hills Group.
“After the success of the inaugural awards ceremony last year we have been asked to introduce more award categories, giving even more businesses the chance to enter and win,” says Iain.
“Last year we hosted 200 business leaders but this year we have doubled the number of categories, including one specifically for tackling climate change, and another for green tourism.”
Iain adds: “We know that many companies are concerned about threats to the environment and some do wonderful work to reflect this care and concern. Some companies may not even realise that they are helping to make a greener Wiltshire and Swindon.
“We want to make sure that others know what you are doing to help the environment and the difference that it makes. In fact, you don’t just have to nominate yourselves, but can nominate other companies too.”
Businesses can be local or national, provided they have an operational base in Wiltshire and Swindon. Entries are free of charge and companies may make as many entries as they wish, including entering the same project for more than one Awards Category.
The award categories for 2009 are:
• Award for Sustainable Manufacturing, Construction or Design
• For manufacturing companies, builders, architects, property developers, housing associations, restoration companies, road and infrastructure providers.
• Award for Environmental Land Management, Conservation or Food Production
• For farmers, food producers, Local Authorities, environmental consultants, forestry companies, landscape gardeners, company grounds.
• Award for the Green Office
• For those implementing the WWT Green Office Plan.
• Award for Green Media, Marketing or Communications
• For newspapers, magazines, ad agencies, print companies, design and marketing companies, journalists, companies who use green media.
• Award for Green Tourism
• For tourist attractions, hotels, holiday companies, holiday promoters, travel agents, Local Authorities, Tourist Information Centres, coach companies.
• Award for Climate Change Impact – for companies making the greatest reduction in their or their customers’ carbon-footprint.
• For all companies but also those involved with reducing energy, waste, transport impact, alternative energy, local food and food miles.
• Green Shoots Award for the organisation who is the most impressive newcomer to implementing environmental actions (open to all).
• Outstanding Contribution Award for the person or organisation who has made the greatest positive impact on the environment in Wiltshire over a sustained period (open to all).
“This year we’re once again looking forward to congratulating the people who lead the area in sustainable business. By promoting your green credentials through our awards you will reach new customers and also new employees who increasingly want to work for a green employer,” says Iain.
Non-web users can request entry forms from Iain on (01380) 725670 ext 281, email email@example.com