Leading up to Christmas, UK consumers are set to spend an average of £350* on presents, people should take extra care of their belongings so they are not an easy target for criminals over the festive season.
ABI figures reveal that last year insurers paid out around £933,000 each day for thefts in the run up to Christmas, dealing with almost 500** claims every day.
In order to be safer this Christmas you should endeavour to:
- Ensure your doors and windows are locked and secure when you are leaving your home, even if it is only for a short time.
- Do not run electricity cords through window cracks, for example to power Christmas lights, this can be an open invitation for thieves.
- Keep your presents and Christmas trees away from your windows where they can be seen by potential thieves.
- Do not leave your Christmas presents in sight in an unattended car.
- Be vigilant and keep an eye out for any unusual or suspicious behaviour in your neighbourhood.
- Keep your belongings out of sight and your bags secure as pickpockets love crowds.
- Check your home contents insurance as many policies will automatically increase your cover over the Christmas period.
- Lastly, it is important to remember to always put your safety first when protecting your home this Christmas.
Marcus Hawkins of Aspray said: “Thieves are on the constant lookout for easy festive targets. Popular gifts such as smartphones, cameras, tablets and digital gadgets are top of their Christmas list. By taking extra care and keeping vigilant you can ensure that you do not remember this Christmas for all of the wrong reasons.”
Should your home or your business premises be damaged, Aspray Swindon can help you achieve a fair settlement from your insurer and work with vetted contractors, we ensure the repairs are completed to the highest standards. Asprays’ ten years of experience means that we know how to see a claim through from inception to completion, whilst keeping you updated throughout the process.
Aspray Swindon will invest time to understand your needs and any problems you may face through the process. This will ensure that reinstating your property to the pre-loss condition will be professional and efficient.
What to do next?
- Call Aspray Swindon (0800 077 6705) and our skilled claims handlers will book you an appointment with Marcus, your dedicated, local project manager to handle your claim with care.
- Aspray will arrange an appointment to assess the property damage.
- A detailed schedule of works and damage report will be prepared for your insurer and Marcus will meet with the appointed loss adjuster to negotiate and agree repairs or reinstatement.
- All repairs are carried out by vetted contractors and overseen by Marcus.
- Aspray invoices your insurer direct when all repair works have been completed and you are satisfied with the work, leaving you with only the insurance excess to pay.
**ABI Property Insurance Claims Q4 2014 Statistics
Aspray (Swindon) is a trading name of Polvier Services Ltd who is an Appointed Representative of Aspray Ltd which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority for Claims Handling only.