The Toothill Big Local project is seeking an Engagement Officer following the £1,000,000 grant from the National Lottery to spend over the next 10 years to bring benefit to the local community.
This role is part-time with flexible working of 20 hours per week and is mainly based at the Toothill Community Centre. The pay scale is between £9.29 and £11.04 per hour and benefits from free parking, holiday pay and a pension scheme after 12 weeks employment.
You will be primarily responsible for the organisation and coordination of local community engagement activities. You will be required to:
• Demonstrate ability to communicate and engage with groups and individuals
• Have administration experience
• Build links with Toothill residents, businesses, schools and organisations in order to raise awareness and promote an understanding of the purpose and content of the Toothill Big Local Plan
• Identify and encourage individuals and organisations who may be interested in becoming involved with the Big Local Plan, becoming members of the Partnership or participating in other activities or groupings formed with respect to the Big Local Plan
• Develop and implement ideas to engage with the community and encourage their participation
• Devise strategies to keep conversations going and involve more people over the time
• Carry out any other duties as required commensurate with the post and depending on available time, resources and priorities
The successful candidate will be organised, disciplined and self-motivated with previous experience in Administration and Project based work.
If you feel you have the skill set required for this role, please upload your CV directly to www.pertemps.co.uk
The closing date is 25 May 2016