A long-standing homeless charity, which supports vulnerable people during the Christmas season, is calling on volunteers to lend a hand this December.
Christmas Care have announced dates for prospective volunteers to attend drop-in sessions ahead of the Christmas season.
Each year Christmas Care provides shelter, hot food and social activities for vulnerable adults during the Christmas period. On Monday 11 and Tuesday 19 November people interested in volunteering or donating clothes and food are invited to attend St Joseph’s Catholic College, Octotal Way, Swindon.
A spokesperson for Christmas Care said: "Would you like to do something different this Christmas? Something which will put smiles on faces, gives you a glow and new friends, and makes you part of a very special team?
"We are looking for adults over 18 to help us provide a caring, hospitable shelter for homeless and vulnerable adults, from 11am 24 December until 10am 28th December."
The charity also welcomes donations in preparation of welcoming their guests. People can help by donating any of the following items:
- adult clothing and shoes in really good condition – particularly warm casual clothing such as jogging bottoms; new underwear and socks
- toiletries and towels
- tinned food - meat, fish, beans, tomatoes, other veg, rice pudding etc
- dried food – rice, pasta, breakfast cereals, biscuits, tea, coffee, sugar, drinking chocolate etc
- perishable and frozen food (closer to Christmas) - bacon, sausages, eggs, cheese, fresh veg
- books and board game
- monetary donations are always very welcome - cheques should be made payable to Christmas Care
The above can be delivered to Buckhurst Community Centre, Walcot, Swindon SN3 3BS (The Dome) on Saturday 14 December and Saturday 21 December between 10am and 2pm.