New College will be offering a selection of free adult courses in the New year, to over 19s that meet the eligibility criteria.
The short courses will be delivered in small group settings, in a relaxed and informal environment at the New College site based in Swindon town centre, or the John Moulton Hall Community Centre in Penhill.
Each course has its own eligibility criteria that those interested will have to meet in order to attend for free.
A spokesperson for the courses says: "The free courses are available to those who meet Government funding rules, and are in receipt of Universal Credit, unemployed, and earn less than £494 per month (individual claim), or earn less than £782 per month (household claim) but not in a work related activity group, ESA (not in WRAG), Council Tax Support, Housing Support, Income support or the unwaged dependent of someone receiving Working Tax Credit with a household income of less than £18,525.00."
"Additionally, free courses are available to those who meet government funding rules and are in receipt of Universal Credit AND unemployed AND earn less than £494 per month (individual claim) OR earn less than £782 per month (household claim) and in a work related activity group OR those working, who may not be claiming benefit and earning less than £18,525.00 annual gross salary full time equivalent."
Anyone interested in attending any of these courses can contact New College Adult Community Learning Co-ordinator, Ed Browne, via [email protected] or 07854450009.
The courses on offer this January are as follows:
- Basic Manicure - This two-day course will show the basics of manicure & nail polish application techniques, with the opportunity to gain practical experience with support from an expert tutor. It will start on Thursday 19 January 2023
- Beauty Therapy Course - This two-day course will gives an overview of a number of different beauty treatments, with the opportunity to try these out & learn new skills. It will start on Wednesday 25 January 2023 – at John Moulton Hall, Penhill.
- Basic Nail Art - This two-day course is suitable for complete beginners & is designed to get you started so you can learn beautiful techniques to use on yourself and others. It will start on Monday 23 January 2023.
- Confidence & Motivation - Want to feel & look confident? Want to think positively & be in control out of your comfort zone? This confidence course will show you how. This course will start on Wednesday 25 January 2023.
- Beginners Facial Skincare - Covers the full range of facial treatment process to improve the appearance & condition of the skin. Learning about the skin, bones & muscles in the face. This course will start on Monday 6 February 2023.
- Holistic Taster Workshop – This 2 day workshop will cover a number of different Holistic treatments giving with opportunity to try these out for yourselves. The course starts on Thursday 9 February 2023.
- Introduction to Learning English - This course is aimed at building up confidence & skills. Suitable for those with no or limited English skills. This course will start on Tuesday 14 February 2023.
- Basic Maths - Suitable for complete beginners and will help you develop skills and improve your confidence. This course will start in January 2023 – those interested are asked to contact the college for dates.
More information about New College and the courses it has on offer can be found on its website at https://www.newcollege.ac.uk/
More information about the Adult Leisure courses that New College provide for employed, paying individuals, can be found at https://www.newcollege.ac.uk/courses/course-search?subject=&qual=Leisure+Courses
Be the first to comment on this article