Swindon Academy and Nova Hreod Academy are both part of United Learning, which offers the United Teaching training programme to those interested in a career within education.
Swindon Academy (which is an all-through school, catering for pupils aged two-18) and Nova Hreod Academy (for secondary pupils aged 11-16) are part of United Learning, a national group of schools with aims of working to bring out the best in everyone.
Their teacher training programme, ‘United Teaching’ brings an opportunity to train to teach in one of their Primary or Secondary schools.
Training to teach on site at school enables trainees to get the qualifications they need without going back to university and without delaying the start of their teaching career.
Current trainee Paige says: “I like it here and I wanted to stay local. You start to teach from day one, and the support is brilliant. I used to be really shy, but I’m a different person now.
"I’ve learned to build rapport with the kids. I love this programme.”
The programme allows candidates to train for a PGCE as well, earning 60 Masters-level credits along the way.
By training with United Teaching individuals will:
- Be able to achieve the professional qualifications necessary for a career in teaching
- Enjoy high quality training led by great schools, with sessions delivered by national educationalists
- Receive individual support and mentoring from our teachers of excellence
- Gain a wide range of experience at your choice of primary or secondary schools
- Have access to continuous professional development beyond your initial training period
- Enjoy a structured pathway throughout your career at United Learning
- Have access to a bursary or a loan to fund your training year
Ruth Robinson, Executive Principal at Swindon Academy said: “At Swindon Academy and Nova Hreod we are looking to appoint committed, enthusiastic and talented teachers who relish the opportunity to be involved in a fast-paced and innovative environment, making a significant difference to the lives of our young people.
"We are a strong and hardworking team who take the education and safeguarding of our young people very seriously."
Those interested can contact Daria Minczak about training to teach with United Learning at email@example.com