If you are a woman and are new to yoga you are probably confused with all the clothing available. Maybe you only go to yoga classes once in a while, but you want to add new clothes to your wardrobe.
The important thing is that you start with the basics and that you feel comfortable exercising. It doesn't matter which yoga pants you choose; white yoga pants, loose pants, Capri pants, and so on, they must be comfortable.
- Boot-cut: boot cut, they are a style of wide boot pants, the same as those of regular pants or jeans. They are glued on the thigh and wider at the bottom.
- Capri: These pants end slightly below the knee, or mid-calf. They are ideal for yoga classes in summer, on the hottest days.
- Leggings: These women's leggings go up to the ankles, close to the body, reveal your shape from the waist down.
- Loose; the loose pants made of a soft material are good for the more modest practitioners and offer much more comfort and ease of movement.
- Sports bra: this piece will help you keep everything in place and you will be more comfortable in yoga practice.
- T-shirt or top: you can choose between different shapes, whether sleeves, short sleeves or long sleeves. They can be close to the body or looser, depending on what you prefer and your silhouette.
Equipment and accessories
Apart from the clothes we mentioned, you will need other accessories for yoga, which we will mention:
- Mat: if you are determined to do yoga for a long time, the best thing you can do is buy your own mat. It will ensure greater hygiene and you can also practice at home if you wish.
- Anti-slip socks: they are the best option for your feet when practicing yoga; they will prevent you from slipping.
- Garters: they are necessary for the practice of yoga; they serve to make stretching positions and to prevent injuries.
- Foam block: it will help you do certain poses, and it gives support.
The clothes you choose to go to yoga classes will largely depend on the branch of this practice that you do. For example, if you choose bigram yoga (hot yoga), prefer close-fitting clothing, such as leggings, capris, and tank tops. Avoid loose clothing because it will sweat and bother you when doing the poses.
Take into account that comfort is very important when doing any type of exercise; it is more important than style. Do not wear something just because it looks good; prefer clothes that you feel totally comfortable with.
Do not spend too much on yoga clothing, equipment or accessories, this practice is about simplicity, the same applies to clothing, do not buy anything exaggerated or too expensive. As we already mentioned, consider comfort first. Always remember to wash your sportswear, each fabric has a different way of washing, it is best to read the labels and follow the washing instructions.