Students at Lydiard Park Academy have achieved the academy’s highest A Level results, with 43% of all entries at A* to B and a 98% pass rate overall. The academy’s results exceeded the government’s headline target for attainment, with 12% more A*-B grades than government expectations.
This is the academy’s fourth year of full A-Level results and all students who applied to University have been successful. For the fourth year running the proportion of students going to University from LPA’s sixth form is more than double the overall figure nationally and for Swindon.
Student Joshua Mitchell has gained a place to study chemistry at the University of Oxford, making him LPA’s first student to achieve this accolade. And year 10 student Dylan Clark-Webb gained an A* in A Level Maths.
A selection of results:
- Joshua Mitchell – University of Oxford, Chemistry
(Chemistry – A*, Mathematics – A*, Physics – A*, EPQ – A*)
- Ciara Sherlock – University of Bath, Management with Placement Year
(Business – A, Economics – A, Geography – A, EPQ – A)
- Noorulain Arif – University of Warwick, Philosophy
(Economics – A, Psychology – A, Mathematics – D, EPQ – A*)
- Katie Phillips– University of Exeter, Business Economics with Industrial Experience
(Economics – A, Drama – B, English Literature – B, EPQ – A)
- Ryan Haynes – University of Bath, Management with Placement Year
(Business – B, Economics – B, History – B, EPQ – B)
- Reuben Reeve – University of Southampton, Fashion Marketing with Management
(Business – B, Economics – B, History – B, EPQ – C)
- Elise Woodward – Cardiff University, Law
(Economics – B, Geography – B, Psychology – B, EPQ – D)
- Stefan Vucinac – University of Reading, Business & Management with Placement Year
(Business – B, Economics – B, Media Studies – B)
Operational Principal Gary Pearson said: “I am delighted with the results this year as it reflects the dedication of both students and staff. It has been wonderful to see the students pick up their results this morning, excited to be moving on to their first choice of university or apprenticeship. I look forward to welcoming them back during the year to inform and inspire our current students about university life.”
The Park Academies Trust still has a limited number of places available for September 2019. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
For those students joining from Abbey Park School free transport is available to Lydiard Park Academy from September 2019.