Match Report: Swindon Town vs Leyton Orient

By Alfie Howlett - 9 September 2019


Swindon vs Leyton Orient
Saturday 7th September 2019
Swindon Town: 3, Leyton Orient: 1

An Orient express of a first half saw Swindon steam to a second consecutive 3-1 victory.
Town had the better of the first 20 minutes and could've taken the lead when Danny Rose had a goal bound effort blocked by an Orient defender.

Swindon deservedly found themselves in the lead after Keshi Anderson regathered the ball from his own blocked free kick and curled a cross shot into the box. It went past everyone in the penalty area and it nestled into the net past the hesitant Orient keeper. From then on in Swindon controlled the first half as Orient keeper Dean Brill had to make saves from Mathieu Baudry and Jerry Yates. The second goal came in the 43rd minute and it would be fair to say that there was an element of luck about it. Lloyd Isgrove superbly dribbled across the pitch avoiding two tackles then teed the ball off to town full back Rob Hunt whose cross took a huge deflection of Joe Widdowson taking it into the top corner of the Orient goal. Two minutes later Swindon got their third goal in true counter attacking fashion. After an Orient attack was cleared, new signing Anthony Grant headed the ball on to the on rushing Lloyd Isgrove who brilliantly broke into the Leyton Orient half and then layed the ball off to Jerry Yates who cut inside and coolly slotted the ball into the far corner. That completed a class first half from Town.
The second half saw an Lloyd Isgrove shot rifle of the crossbar and a Jerry Yates goal chalked off for offside after a good Eoin Doyle cross. Leyton Orient dominated the last 20 minutes of proceedings and got something to show for their efforts in the 73rd minute when Jordan Maguire-Drew found the top corner with a brilliant 20 yard shot. After that Swindon neutralised the Orient threat as they were restricted to only a few half chances from crosses. Luke McCormick prevented a nervous late few minutes as he saved well from an Lee Angol downwards header. 
That would be the last chance of the game as Swindon and 1350 traveling fans went home delighted with the three points.

Your Comments

Be the first to comment on this article

Login or Register to post a comment on this article

Registered in England & Wales. No: 4513027, Positive Media Group, Old Bank House, 5 Devizes Road, Old Town, Swindon, SN1 4BJ