Detectives investigating the disappearance of Bradley Porter have said that there are not thought to be any suspicious circumstances.
This follows the discovery of a body in Elgin Industrial Estate on Sunday 27 September.
The 25-year-old from Swindon was reported missing six weeks ago, and although formal identification has yet to take place, officers have updated Mr Porter's family with the latest development.
Wiltshire Police says that in line with its continual drive to reflect on procedures to inform future investigations, it has made a voluntary self referral to the Independent Office for Police Conduct (IOPC) and asked the Professional Standards Department to review actions.
Mr Porter had been missing since 6 August 6 after he left a property in Penhill Drive.
Since then, the police say, a dedicated team of officers have conducted widespread enquiries and searches of areas where Mr Porter was last known to be.
Detective Inspector Deb Hatch said: “My thoughts, and those of the investigating team, are very much with Bradley’s next of kin as they come to terms with this very sad development.
“Bradley’s family are being supported at this time by specially trained officers.”
Be the first to comment on this article