The Ridgeway Breast Care Support Group will be holding an information evening complete with guest speakers for members of the public this month.
The Ridgeway Breast Care Support Group (RBCSG) are a self funding group of volunteers offering support and practical help to those affected by breast cancer in Wiltshire and the surrounding counties.
The RBCSG will be holding an information evening on 24 May. The evening will take place at the Marriott Hotel off Pipers Way in Swindon.
Event organisers are asking attendees to get to the hotel for 7.15pm for a 7.30pm start.
There will be guest speakers in attendance, including:
- Mr Simon Hawkins - A Consultant Breast Surgeon
- Dr Karen Litton - Consultant Radiologist
- Sarah Firth - Nutritionist
- Hayley Charity - Clinical Nurse Specialist
The event aims to share information and provide support for those affected by breast cancer or those who have questions around the subject.
These questions could include:
- What are the new developments in treatment?
- What are the side effects of radiotherapy or endocrine treatment?
- How will I know if my breast cancer comes back?
- How can I keep myself healthy for the future?
- What does my future look like?
The information evening is free and anyone affected by breast cancer is welcome.
Members of the public can book their place now by emailing email@example.com
More information about the group and its upcoming events can be found on its Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/ridgewaybreastcaresupportgroup