King Charles III's Coronation is set to take place on Saturday 6 May, and Swindon will see a host of celebratory events taking place over the course of the weekend.
Firstly, Old Town’s Wood Street will be a hub of royal celebrations with a street party that will be held on Sunday 7 May, from noon to 5pm.
Hosted by the Friends of Old Town, the party will have stalls from local businesses, food and drink, live music, and funfair activities for attendees to enjoy.
Other events taking place in and around Swindon include:
- A Coronation Party event held at the Chiseldon Recreation Ground on Saturday 29 April, from noon to 4pm.
- A Bank Holiday Coronation Party at The Ridge in Swindon, on Sunday 7 May from noon. There will be music, food and cocktails.
- Highworth Town Council will be holding a day of family-friendly celebrations on Saturday 6 May at the Highworth Rec from 10am - 4pm.
- Ogbourne St George Primary will host a Coronation family fun day on Sunday 7 May from noon - 4pm.
- Swindon’s Fiesta De Cuba will be holding their King’s Coronation family-friendly event on Sunday 7 May from 2pm - 8pm.
- Faringdon Town Council will be hosting musical celebrations on Saturday 6 May from 2.30pm - 9pm.
As well as attending local events, Swindon residents will also be taking part in the Coronation Big Lunch on Sunday 7 May, and hosting street parties for their friends, families and neighbours.
In Purton on the Bank Holiday Monday (8 May), a group of around 50 volunteers will be conducting a litter pick in the village.
They will meet at the Purton Village Hall at 10.15am, and will be provided with appropriate equipment. This clean-up event is part of the national scheme ‘The Big Help Out’ in honour of the King’s Coronation. Those wanting to take part can email [email protected]
Be the first to comment on this article