Police have released an image of a man they would like to speak to in relation to a theft from a car in Swindon.
The theft took place from a Mini Cooper between 9pm on 11 June 2017 and 6.50am on 12 June on Hughes Street, Swindon.
A wallet containing bank cards was stolen and the bank card was subsequently used for a contactless payment at the Applegreen garage on Great Western Way.
People are reminded to either remove valuables from their vehicles, or make sure they are kept out of sight.
If you have any information regarding the theft or the identity of the man, please contact PC James Rodrigues on 101 or anonymously, via Crimestoppers, on 0800 555 111.
Here are some basic crime prevention tips to help keep your home and vehicle safe:
- Keep car keys out of sight
- Never leave keys in a plant pot or letter box, a thief will know where to look
- Keep front and back doors locked even when you are in the house to prevent people walking in without you knowing, also double check they are locked at night
- Fit doors with mortice locks
- All windows should be fitted with locks, except those designated as fire escapes
- Keep valuable items out of view and mark them with a property marking system
- Make sure you have good lighting around your property and consider investing in a burglar alarm
- Lock tools and ladders away so thieves can’t use them to break in
- Make sure you have up to date contents insurance
- If you see anyone acting suspiciously take down any descriptions and vehicle registration numbers and call us immediately on 999