Following recent government guidance to prevent the further spreading of the Coronavirus, South Swindon Parish Council has taken the following decisions:
- All play areas maintained by the Parish Council are closed to the public. Signs will be put in place informing the public they must not use the play areas. You can find a list of all South Swindon Parish Council maintained play areas here: www.southswindon-pc.gov.uk/services/play-areas/
- Broadgreen Community Centre and Old Town Library have closed.
- The Parish Council Office on Gladstone Street is closed to the public. The public are still able to contact the office by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling the Parish Office number- 01793 312006
- The public toilets at Queens Park and Town Gardens are closed.
- In line with government guidance Queens Park, Town Gardens and GWR Park will remain open however residents must ensure they do not use the park in gatherings of more than 2 and they must keep to social distancing requirements of 2 metres apart.
Swindon Borough Council has also informed the Parish Council that the Victoria Road public toilets are closed for the foreseeable future.
This announcement follows South Swindon Parish Council’s decision last week to cancel all its Parish Meetings until further notice.
Chair of South Swindon Parish Council, Cllr Chris Watts, said:
“The Parish Council has taken these decisions following recent government guidance. We do not want our Parish assets and facilities contributing to the transmission of Coronavirus and with more staff needing to self-isolate it may not be possible moving forward to maintain these facilities.
"While the office is closed to the public, the Parish Council is still operating during this period and office staff can be contacted.
"These decisions will be continually reviewed in line with government guidance.”