South Swindon Parish Council to hold free circus family fun day this month
By Jessica Durston - 2 August 2022
South Swindon Parish Council will be working with the Nepalese Association of Wiltshire to bring local families a free circus-themed day out.
The fun day will be held at Buckhurst Field on Saturday, 27 August.
The event will run from 10am - 3pm, and it is free for members of the public to attend.
There will be a BBQ as well as a whole host of different activities for families to enjoy.
The things on offer include:
- A performance from Mad Pete
- Circus skills workshop
- Skateboard and scooter workshop
- Swindon Stilts Walkers
- Bouncy castles and inflatables
- Live music
- Puppet show from Hand to Mouth Theatre
- Emergency services (Wiltshire Police, St John's Ambulance and Wiltshire Fire Brigade)
- Stalls from various local organisations (including SNDogs and ATB Skate shop)
- Ice cream
Circus Sensible will be holding a skills workshop which will include a 30 minute show and demonstrations, plus drop-in workshops throughout the day.
Circus Skills covered in the workshops can include juggling with balls and scarves, Chinese diabolo, beginners stilts, plate spinning and more.
This event is run in partnership with the Nepalese Association of Wiltshire and Nationwide Building Society.