Wiltshire Police have released descriptions and images of items stolen in the burglary at Malmesbury Abbey on 16 November.
Anyone who has seen the items or has information on their whereabouts is asked to contact the police via www.wiltshire.police.uk or by calling 101 and quoting reference 54230121403.
Items taken from the display cabinets:
1) Large salver given in memory of George Windsor Tucker, Vicar of Malmesbury 1875-1906, silver with enamel work.
2) Wafer cup given in memory of George Windsor Tucker, Vicar of Malmesbury 1875-1906
3) Silver flask, undated
4) Communion Set dated 1847. Presented to the Abbey by Walter Powell during his time as MP for Malmesbury 1869-1881
5) Two chalices, one with a hallmark dating it to 1650
6) Silver salver, undated
7) Community wafer box given in the memory of Rev. Canon Charles McMillan, Vicar 1907-1919
8) The Pectoral Cross of Ronald Erskine Ramsay, 1st Bishop of Malmesbury (1927-1945).
Items taken from the safe:
9) Three silver Communion cups made in 2017
10) Silver Communion plates made in 2017
Investigating officer PC Jo Phelps said: “These are irreplaceable items of significant historical importance to the Abbey and the local Malmesbury community and it’s such a shame that someone has decided to steal them.
“They are part of the heritage of the Abbey dating back in some cases hundreds of years.
“If anyone has any knowledge of their whereabouts, or if you have seen them in passing or been approached about them, then please get in touch with us.
“I would also like to directly appeal to the people who took them to do the right thing and return them.”
Be the first to comment on this article