This weekend, members of the public are invited to celebrate the King's Coronation in Purton at a Garden Party event full of activities for all the family.
The event will take place from 11am - 8pm on Sunday 7 May, at the Purton Red House & Purton Village Centre.
The Purton Parish Council have released a detailed programme, complete with timings:
- 11am - Gates open to public
- 11.30am - Craft Fairs open within the Millennium Hall. This is free to enter.
- 12pm - Official welcoming and cake cutting. Cllr Ray Thomas (Chair of Purton Parish Council) will be handing out cake at the gazebo outside Purton Red House.
- 12.30pm - Free face painting opens.
- 1pm - Balloon Modeller
- 12pm - 2pm - The Coronation Big Lunch will be held. Attendees are encouraged to share their picnic lunch with everyone. Pizza, ice cream, BBQ, donuts and candy floss will be available to purchase.
- 2.30pm - Craft Fair Closes.
- 4pm - 4.30pm - Face painting and balloon modelling closes.
- 5pm - Live music from the Beat Routes. The performers will play at the gazebo outside the Purton Red House.
- 8pm - Coronation Garden Party ends, with the Purton Red House remaining open until midnight.
Members of the public are also being reminded that there will be no on-site parking, and that a photographer and journalists will be operating at the event.
Parish Clerk Deborah Lawrence said: “We are looking forwards to sharing this glorious, historic, national occasion with our wonderful community. We hope that everyone will come along to share the day together and make some memories that will last a lifetime.”
More information about Purton Parish Council can be found on its Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/purtonparishcouncil
Be the first to comment on this article